Project "Science and Business"
Project "Science and Business" was launched in 2011 as a direct grant under Operational Programme "Human Resources Development" 2007-2013, financed by the European Social Fund (BG051PO001/3.3-05-001).
The main objective of the project is to create a favorable environment for active interaction between science and business, stable and sustainable partnerships between the main elements of the 'knowledge triangle' – education, science and implementation of research results.
Specific activities are:
- Improving communication "science-business" through networking across sectors and realization of "exchange" for scientific ideas;
- Promotion of research results, information about ongoing research and new scientific developments, presentation of successful research products for society and business;
- Improving the qualifications of researchers, including young researchers to meet the needs of the labor market and the demand for specialists at the labour market;
Key activities include:
- support for young researchers for one-month study abroad to work with high-tech complexes and products, as an important step towards creation of a new generation of scientists meeting the needs of business;
- dissemination of information on ongoing research and new scientific developments, promotion of research results, presentation of scientific products that canbenefit the society and businesses;
- conducting thematic conferences and scientific schools in seven priority areas such as energy;green chemistry;biotechnology and new materials, etc.;
- develop an interactive national platform that will be unique input and will integrate three existing systems – The National Research Registry;information from the Bulgarian Patent Office and information from National Information and Documentation Office on the PhD dissertations.