- Food, New materials and technologies agriculture and biotechnologies
- New materials and technologies with application in ecology; medicine, energy and pharceuticals
- Eneergy efficiency and Renewable energy resources
- Infomation and communication technologies
- Green chemistry
- Engineering - optics and electronics
- Research instruments
- Cluster practices in Bulgaria
- Technology transfer and dissemination of knowledge
- Successful innovative practices
- Bulgarian investments abroad
Information and communication technologies
Information and communication technologies (ICT) is used to refer to all computer and communication technologies (often used together).
The term information and communication technologies (ICT) has a broader meaning, encompassing all known ways and means of sharing information, such as radio, television, mobile phones, computer hardware and software, satellite systems, as well as various types of services and applications associated with them, such as video conferencing and distance learning.ICT is used in education, health, library activities and many more.
In modern information society, the need for the use of ICT is clear, in view of the need to manage the vast amount of information in different areas of human activity.Due to the fact that ICT is a broad term and is used in many areas of human knowledge, here it will be dealt with its use in the area of education.Successful implementation of ICT in educational institutions can bring many benefits to both employers and employees.Through the use of ICT we can overcome many problems, e.g. the problem of time and space limitations of traditional classrooms.Furthermore, through the use of ICT students and teachers have access to a large amount of actual and diverse information, which can help students in learning, and teachers - in preparation the curriculum.A more detailed study of the application of ICT in education is done in the extended descriptions of the terms e-learning; computer-based learning and computer-mediated learning.